RENTAL LEASE - CONTRACT
Entered into on_____________20____by______________________________________________
between ___________ Apartments, ________________________ Pierre, SD 57501
For Apartment # _________Garage #______ Rent:________ Starting:_____________
Utilities Furnished with rent: ____________________________________
Landlord mailing address (office): 101 E. Capitol Ave., Pierre, SD 57501
The LANDLORD agrees to the following:
1. The property will be shown to the renter prior to the contract date.
2. Replacement or rejuvenation of any major part of the property with is not functioning properly. This is meant to include such items as stoves, refrigerators, water heaters etc. The renter is responsible for minor items and daily maintenance (light bulbs, smoke alarm battery, furnace & air conditioner filters, mold removal and prevention, etc.)
The RENTER agrees to the following:
1. One Month Written Notice before the 1st of the month shall be given prior to vacating the premises after the initial ____ month lease . The Landlord has the right to show apt. to new renters starting when moving notice is given. Also, the apt. must be kept clean and in a good showable condition from the time notice is given. The moving day is to be on or before the last day of the month with no prorating for moving early (you pay the full month's rent). Example: If you plan to move on July 31; You must give notice on or before June 30th; If you give notice late (say July 10th) that means you are obligated to pay July's rent and also August's rent.
2. No pets will be kept on the premises.
3. The rental period is from the 1st day to the last day of the month, inclusive. (month to month).
4. Monthly rent shall be paid on or before the 1st of the month: a late charge of $50 will be paid if the rent is not paid by the 10th day of the month. A $30 charge is made for returned checks.
5. The property shall be maintained in the same general condition, as it was when it was rented.
6. There is ____ assigned parking spaces, other vehicles are to be parked as directed by the manager.
7. Only those people specified between the landlord and the renter shall live on the premises.
8. NO LOUD OR WILD PARTIES, or other disruptive activities! (not to interfere with rights of other tenants)
9. Tenant shall not make any changes to the apartment of a permanent nature without permission of the landlord.
10. Tenant agrees that it is their responsibility to carry Renters Personal Property and Liability Insurance.
11. Satellite dishes are only allowed in inconspicuous locations. Must get permission from the landlord.
12. Any bike left outside must be registered with Foster Rentals. We will give you a sticker.
13. The Utilities must be transferred by the tenant into their name immediately upon taking possession.
14. If the renter violates any terms of this lease, the landlord shall have all remedies available under South
Dakota law and the right to take possession and recover damages and reasonable costs, collection fees and attorney's fees.
If the renter fails to abide by the stipulations set forth in this contract, the landlord reserves the right to give the renter a reasonable length of time(3 days or less depending on violation) to vacate the premises and the renter agrees to honor the request. If the landlord finds it necessary to take such action, he may at his discretion refund any unused portion of the rent for that month. It is further agreed that the renter shall pay an initial deposit of $__________ to help cover the damages or cleaning expenses above what is normally incurred during the rental period. Excessive damages or cleaning expenses will be paid by the renter if greater than the $__________ deposit. The landlord agrees to refund the deposit when the renter moves if the property is left clean and in good repair, the carpet has been cleaned and if the renter has given the required one month written notice, allowed showing (M-F 9am-7pm, S-S 10am-7pm) and kept the apartment in showable condition! Also, the deposit will not be refunded if the renter signs a lease and then fails to move in.
This is a legally binding contract. Read carefully before signing.
Renter: ___________________________Date____________ Landlord: ________________________
Lead Warning Statement: Housing built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. Lead exposure is especially harmful to young children and pregnant women. The Landlord has no knowledge of lead-based paint in the building. or tested negative for Lead. _____If no, did the landlord offer you a pamphlet Protect Your Family for Lead in Your Home.____ Renter: ________________Landlord:__________________